The Environment and Conservation

Conservation and environmental management are playing an increasingly important part in farming businesses. Our experienced specialist team provide professional advice on all environmental and conservation related matters.

Higher Level Stewardship (HLS) & Farm Environment Plans (FEP)
HLS is a 10-year scheme designed to deliver significant environmental benefits. The scheme is competitive and a strong application is essential to secure funding; H&H Land and Property has an excellent track record in ensuring applications are accepted. We have a team of qualified ecological surveyors able to carry out your FEP (a full-farm survey that is a pre-requisite for HLS) and complete the application paperwork. We use our experience to recommend the best options that will maximise your income without compromising your business.

Uplands Entry Level Stewardship (UELS) |
In 2010, UELS replaced the Hill Farm Allowance (HFA) in providing dedicated support to farmers in the uplands. Unlike the HFA, it is open to all farmers and landowners, not just beef & sheep producers. H&H Land and Property specialises in providing practical advice on upland land management and we will recommend the options that will fit best with your business.

For more detailed information, please read “Good news for Upland Farmers” article

Organic Entry Level Stewardship (OELS)
Our experienced team will guide you through the process of organic conversion, offering sound professional advice on livestock management and the requirements of your chosen certification body. We can then complete your OELS application paperwork using the options that will work best within your business, to secure annual payments and conversion support.

Commons Specialists
Our Commons Specialists are nationally recognised as experts and have been influential in improving government policy on Commons. We advise commoners associations, government departments and private and corporate owners of common land, providing a complete service. This includes ecological surveys, negotiating complex internal agreements, valuation of rights and the administration of agri-environment schemes (including HLS and UELS). Good access to civil servants, specialist lawyers and relevant NGOs ensures all aspects of a case are covered.

Single Payment Scheme (SPS) All our Environmental Advisors make Single Payment claims for a range of clients. SPS is becoming increasingly intertwined with environmental schemes; having an agent who knows both can be invaluable. We can ensure your SPS claims are compatible with your environmental options to avoid any problems with RPA cross-checks. SPS claims are completed online for peace of mind and to keep costs down.

Our clients are based all over the north of England and encompass different demographic types, including:

  • Individual farmers and landowners
  • Commons groups
  • Statutory & voluntary conservation organisations

If you would like to discuss any of the above in more detail, please call David Morley on 01228 406260 or email us with your enquiry.  For our North East and Durham based clients, please contact David Quayle, Director on 0191 370 8530.


Copyright 2002 - 2014 H&H Land and Property. All rights reserved.